Would you believe it's been an entire year that I've been working in Europe? Sure, I spend a few days each month in the states, but for the most part, I now "think" like a European! Okay, well maybe I'm not working a standard 7 hour day, but:
- I'm more comfortable with Euros in my pocket than US dollars.
- I don't get upset anymore when waiters take 3 hours to serve dinner.
- I expect most people on the street to be talking in a language that I don't understand.
- In my car, I no longer make right turns on red.
- I've "accepted" that the main shopping street in town is DESERTED on Sundays. (Frankly, the whole town looks boarded up).
I think it's time to get back to the states. Especially since I got married 5 months ago and am thinking of spending some time with my wife (wow! what a concept!).